The Ashby Free Public Library has adjusted operations in response to the Covid-19 outbreak. While we are CLOSED to the public, curbside pickup is available!
Curbside Pickup Hours:
Tue, Wed, & Thu 10am-4pm
To reserve materials:
1- Call the library 978-386-5377 Tues, Wed, & Thu 10am-4pm, or email Tiffany at email@example.com to request items. If it is on our shelves, it is available for you to borrow. *interlibrary loan is not available at this time
2- Pickups will be available Tues-Thur 10am-4pm and Sat 10am-1pm.
3-Your items will be packaged and ready for you at the side entrance on the pick-up day you choose. *same-day pick up is not available at this time
Please call the library 978-386-5377 or email Tiffany at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to serving you during this difficult time as we work to protect our patrons and staff. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Tiffany Call, Director
Ashby Free Public Library
Did you know we have thousands of ebooks and audiobooks? You can borrow them, instantly, for free, using just the device in your hand. Get the Libby by Overdrive app for your phone or tablet!
For more information on ebooks, follow the link on the Resources page.
- Looking for ideas while you’re at home social distancing? From storytellers to museum visits, live-streaming musicians to fitness fun, we’ve got you covered on our Social Distancing Resources page.
- If you are doing research for school, work or just to learn – check out our online resource links on our Resources page.
- Great links to children’s pages, newspapers, encyclopedias and more!
We now have a Used Book Drop in the rear parking lot you can access any time to deposit your well-loved books. If you have books that are in good condition and LESS THAN 5 years old, please call the library to schedule a drop-off time. Please DO NOT leave donations outside the library. Thank you!
While we are closed to the public right now, we are offering virtual events and activities through our Facebook page. Be sure to check our Events calendar for upcoming dates.
The Library has a number of discount passes for local attractions. The passes for 2020:
- Ecotarium 50% discount for up to 2 adults and 2 children
- Fitchburg Art Museum * free admission
- Mariposa Museum* free admission for 1 adult and 2 children
- Massachusetts State Parks free parking
- Mystic Aquarium $4 off admission for up to 4 people
- Salem Witch Museum discounted admission for up to 6 visitors
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden** 2 guests at 1/2 price
- USS Constitution Museum free admission for up to 9 people
- Wheelock Family Theater two for one tickets
- Zoo New England * admits 6 people $9/adult, $6/child
Some passes should be returned to the library the next day the library is open. If interested in a specific pass contact the library.
The Library Needs Friends
The Friends of the Library is always looking for more active members. The Friends is under new leadership and looking for help building out the group.
The Friends is a non-profit group of volunteers who support and fund the needs of the library’s education programming. Sitting with Santa, the Pumpkin Festival and Summer Reading all occur because of the Friends. If interested in volunteering or learning more, check out the Friends page or come to the next meeting.
We Need Volunteers
The Ashby Library loves to have volunteers! Right now we are closed to the public, and our indoor volunteer program is not running, but we always have gardening and outdoor opportunities for volunteers to take advantage of. Contact the Ashby Library (978) 386-5377 for more info. Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community or complete community service hours.
The Ashby Free Public Library carries over 30 different magazine subscriptions. From Backpacker to Yankee, Eating Well to Popular Science, we have something for everyone, including magazines for kids and teens too. Stop by our Periodical Room and check out our selection!