- The talented artists from Ashby Elementary School, grades K-4, are showing samples of their art in the Gallery at the Library this summer. Come in and see the creativity of our young, local artists! Summer hours apply.
We Need Your Photos
- The Gallery Coordinator is asking Ashby-ites to submit copies of their favorite photos of Ashby for an exhibition that will be up from the beginning of September until late Fall.
- Please put your name, contact info, whether you want your photo copy back and where the photo was taken (and when, if you know).
- Photo copies at least 5×7 are appreciated, so that they are more easily viewed, but smaller ones will be accepted.
- These copies can be dropped off any time during normal summer hours. This is one of the Library’s contributions to Ashby 250.
- Please forward this to your picture-taking friends.
There are many fun events planned for the whole family for the month. Be sure to check our Events page.
The Library has a number of discount passes for local attractions. The passes for 2016:
- The Butterfly Place*
- Davis Farmland*
- Fitchburg Art Museum *
- Mass Parks
- Mystic Aquarium
- Salem Witch Museum
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden**
- USS Constitution Museum
- Wheelock Family Theater
Some passes should be returned to the library the next day the library is open. If interested in a specific pass contact the library.
NEW Online Resources
- If you are doing research for school, work or just to learn – check out our new online resource links added to our Resources page.
- Great new links to children’s pages, newspapers, encyclopedias and more!
The Library Needs Friends
The Friends of the Library is always looking for more active members. The Friends is under new leadership and looking for help building out the group.
The Friends is a non-profit group of volunteers who support and fund the needs of the library’s education programming. Sitting with Santa, the Pumpkin Festival and Summer Reading all occur because of the Friends. If interested in volunteering or learning more, check out the Friends page or come to the next meeting.
The library has some furniture looking for a new home. There is a beige, metal office desk that is approximately 5′ x 3 1/2′ and there is also a round conference type table approximately 5′ in diameter. If interested, stop by the circulation desk.
We Need Volunteers
If you are in need of volunteer hours for school or maybe want to do something during the day. Come to the library – we need your help.
Did you know that you can register online for a Boston library card? If you like to download e-books and want to browse another catalog for them, then check out the Boston library. There is a link on the Resources page to get you started.
Movies at the Library
Yes, the Library can now play movies at the Library! If you are associated with a non-profit group and would like to play movies at the Library for an event, please contact the Library to reserve the room.
Do you love music?
So does the Library! We now have music CDs available for borrowing. What a great way to try different music. We are also accepting donations of any type of music CDs. If you have already downloaded the songs and don’t want to store the actual CD give it to the Library!
The Library is currently looking for current or classic DVDs or CDs. If the library does not circulate the item it will be donated to the Friends of the Library for fundraising.
We Have Kindles
If you are looking to try a Kindle, reserve one at the library!